1. All applicants must be of 18 years or older.
a. Due to a large increase in new dog intake and in adoption applications, BCSAVE decided that in order for us to best focus our limited volunteer resources and time on finding homes for as many of our pups as possible, priority will be given to potential adopters who are local or are willing to travel to meet/adopt a foster dog in the area the dog is currently fostered (typically within the DFW or Austin area).
b. If you are not able to travel to either DFW or Austin to adopt, we encourage you to look locally, as it may be weeks or months before we are able to finalize any adoption.
c. Out of state adopters: All transportation arrangements and fees are the sole responsibility of the adopter.
3. No adoptions will be processed as "gifts".
4. All dogs, unless otherwise specified, come:
a. With a current HW- Test
b. Current on Local Vaccinations
e. On a HW & Flea preventative
4. BCSAVE cannot make any guarantees concerning the health, habits, temperament, background, or age of any dog being adopted.
5. BCSAVE strives to ensure our dogs are only placed with adopters who we feel are best suited for a specific dog; as a result, BCSAVE may approve an applicant for adoption, but deny them a specific dog or dogs.
6. All adoptions are at the sole discretion of BCSAVE, which reserves the right to deny any applicant for any reason.
Border Collie Save & Rescue's #1 interest is in the continued well being of all dogs in our steward once they leave our care. As such, we do not do what is commonly known as "open adoptions". All of the BCSAVE adopters go through a vetting process in order for us to determine if they are a suitable home for adopting any of our dogs and to to help better understand which types of dogs the potential adopter is looking for. Once the vetting process is successfully complete, we will then work with the potential adopter in order to best match a dog to their living situation, lifestyle, and preferences. Be aware: Even if approved for adoption, not all dogs are suitable for or will be made available to all adaptors!
1. Initial Home Screening - An initial "get to know you" phone call with a BCSAVE volunteer to go over the application, get more details about what the applicant is looking for, answer any questions the applicant has regarding the adoption processes.
2. Home Visit - We ask all applicants invite a BCSAVE volunteer into their home in order for us to verify the information on the application, make sure the environment is safe for a dog, see if there are any issues which need to be addressed that may have been missed on the application, and to help us to better understand which of our dogs would be best suited for that type of environment and lifestyle. * * * Until further notice, all home visits are being done virtually! * * *
3. Review and Matching - Once an applicant is approved for adoption, a BCSAVE volunteer will reach out to discuss a specific dog or dogs in more detail and begin working toward making a match for adoption.
4. Meet and Adopt - Arrange to have the applicant meet with the dog they are looking to adopt and, if everything goes as hoped, process the adoption.
PERSONAL AND HOUSEHOLD INFORMATION
List all people who live at the residence
(if under 18)
Relationship to Applicant
BCSAVE AGREEMENTS SECTION
In order for us to best focus our limited volunteer resources and time on finding homes for as many of our pups as possible while helping ensure the highest degree of adoption success, we are prioritizing adopters who can come to either the Dallas/ Fort Worth or Austin Texas areas to meet our pups and finalize adoptions locally.
If you have any questions, or would like to provide us will additional information, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you for applying to adopt from Border Collie Save & Rescue!
We are honored that you have chosen Border Collie Save & Rescue to possibly help you find your next best friend.
As one of the few Border Collie rescues which adopts outside of our home state of Texas, we are seeing an increase in applications from across the US, but COVID-19 has upended our ability to coordinate out of state transports due to various restrictions and quarantine rules for crossing state lines.
BCSAVE is one of the few Border Collie rescues which adopts outside of their home state. COVID-19 has upended our ability to coordinate adoptions outside of Texas due to travel restrictions, quarantine rules, and an increase in demand which has strained our ability to process applications and adoptions.
As a result, BCSAVE decided that in order for us to best focus our limited volunteer resources on finding homes for as many of our pups as possible, we will be prioritizing adopters who can come to either the Dallas/ Fort Worth or Austin Texas areas to meet our pups and finalize adoptions locally.
If you are able to travel to the Dallas/ Fort Worth/ Austin areas to adopt a pup, you don’t need to do anything. One of our volunteers will reach out to you over the next 2 weeks to schedule a call to start the adoption process. Please check your spam folder in case an initial email gets missed, otherwise, please feel free to reach out to us if you haven’t heard from someone.
If you are not able to travel to us in either Dallas/ Fort Worth or Austin to adopt your FURever pup, please let us know. We will continue to keep you on our potential adopter list but do encourage you to look locally as it may be weeks or months before we are able to reach back out. Our ability to adopt out of state should become much easier as COVID-19 restrictions begin to lift.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We understand that this may not be what everyone wants to hear but at this time, it is the best way for us to be able to assist our dogs with the limited resources at our disposal.
Border Collie Save & Rescue
Phone # (956) 752-6956